In addition to all of the factors and causes involved in other types of auto accidents, Robert Curran know what particular evidence to look for when a tractor-trailer or commercial driver is involved. Although commercial vehicles are highly regulated under federal law due to their danger to the public, these regulations are frequently violated by transportation companies. At the same time, they pressure drivers to attain shorter and shorter delivery times.
While acting as your truck accident lawyers in MO, Curran Law Firm will thoroughly investigate whether limits and restraints consistent with current trucking regulations have been violated, such as:
- The commercial driver involved in the trucking accident was provided adequate rest times in accordance with transportation laws and was not on the road too long-suffering from fatigue which contributed to the trucking accident.
- That the commercial vehicle was adequately maintained, legal, and safe, and its load was secured correctly, distributed, and didn’t exceed the maximum allowable payload for the truck.
- If there was any evidence of substance abuse by the drivers involved, including the use of stimulants, that might be more challenging to detect and often used by individuals in the trucking
- That driver logbooks are accurate and up-to-date, and the driver has undergone all relevant background checks performed by their employer.
- The commercial truck was equipped with a GPS monitoring system, many times used by transportation companies to keep track of individual drivers. GPS devices are an ideal tool to determine if a driver is lying about their speed, hours of service, and other critical factors.